Monday, June 02, 2008

A Milestone Reached

Today was a milestone. I completed a day in this pregnancy when my last one ended. The last baby I lost 6w4d in the evening. Today I'm 6w5d and feeling good. The intense pains I've had over the last 2 weeks have generally subsided (determined by ultrasound to be caused by enlarged ovaries and lots of cysts and fluid from IVF). I have never had a single cramp (Praise God!), although the pains had me fearing a tubal ectopic (since IVF increases your chances of that to 3-5%).

Anyway, it's been so hard enjoying anything about this pregnancy as I have so worried about losing this one too. I kept thinking if I got to certain milestones, I'd stop fearing. Apparently fear is always there. It's a daily battle. Hourly at times. But I keep fighting. Praying. Asking for help.

I'm overwhelmed by all your love (not surprised, just overwhelmed). I appreciate ANY of the continued prayers - we feel so in need of them for this to keep progressing and this baby to grow. Literally. Thank you so much.

One more day until the 7 week ultrasound, where I can get the heartbeat measured, and we can determine growth accomplished since last week. Praying so hard it's good news.

2 comments:

lislynn said...

I'm so glad to hear of this milestone. I think that the fear will lessen just a little at each milestone. But just keep holding on to Jesus and He'll get you through it! I'll be praying for you and your sweet, sweet baby every step of the way.

Anonymous said...

Denise!

It was SO ironic to hear from you (via comment) today as I was wondering when I could sit down today and right an email to you to let you know that you have not escaped my mind and prayers are continually said for your family. I am just beyond overjoyed to hear of your pregnancy....I just cannot stop thinking about it :)

I will write you a longer email soon, but I just had to say that in a small town in Iowa, you, Jonathan, and baby Wilson are still on the prayer chain and will continue to be as you hold your precious child inside of you!

Much love,
Karen

TickerShack.com Ticker