Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Notes from Daniel...

Ok, so 4 days ago I started reading in Daniel. It just seemed that I hadn't been there in a while and there was much riches of wisdom in that book. So that is my current Quiet Time reading... I also started a new journal, because I ran out every single piece of paper in my last one. I love starting new ones.
Here are thoughts from chapter 4... Not time now to add all the comments from Chapters 1-3.
v27 "Therefore, O king, let my counsel be acceptable to you: break off your sins by practicing righteousness, and your iniquities by showing mercy to the oppressed, that there may perhaps be a lengthening of your prosperity."
Daniel plead with the kind to repent and turn away from his pride, so the punishment wouldn't come. He didn't. After the punishment, this is the result:
v37"Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, for all his works are right and his ways are just; and those who walk in pride he is able to humble."
Isn't that amazing? God's humbling puts us exactly where we should be.... we recognize our dependence on Him, that we are truly dependent on Him for every breath! I rejoice that I am dependent on His care!
Now, the Lord tells us to "humble yourselves" before the Lord, or under His mighty hand (James 4:10, I Peter 5:6). His humbling should come as a Last Resort. He wants us to do it. But trust me, when He does it, He does it completely!
Let us use this story to encourage us to humble ourselves, especially when God brings it to our attention, whether through a situation, a person, or a scripture.
Currently Memorizing: Sermon on the Mount!!! (Thank you Daddy & Noah for your examples!!!) up to 5:21! May I stay faithful!

No comments:

TickerShack.com Ticker