I don't know if any of you have heard of or enjoyed a drink like this. But when I visited my friend Susi in Seattle a year ago, one of the local coffee houses we were visiting on a daily basis served these (was it Forza, Susi?).
Anyway, no coffee shop I've been to in GA combines cherry and mocha flavor, so I decided to see if I could re-create this drink. I created a tasty one, yet I still want to experiment further with using the DaVinci Black Cherry syrup I got from World Market, rather than marachino juice.
Any of you with your own espresso machines, who enjoy the cherry/chocolate combination, give this one a try and tell me what you think.
Black Forest Latte
· 3-4 shots espresso (1 shot = 1 oz)
· 2 tablespoons mocha syrup or powder
· 3/4 cup hot, frothed milk
· 2 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
· Whipped cream (optional)
1. In a large mug, stir mocha and cherry juice into hot espresso.
2. Pour frothed milk into mug, stirring gently. (If not using whip cream, make sure froth is added after steamed milk has been poured in and stirred. Do not stir after adding froth, to keep it pretty.)
3. Garnish with whipped cream and shaved chocolate or red sprinkles (to hint of the flavors underneath).