Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Products I'm Living By This Summer....

I know this is not my typical "how life is" post. But if you're like me, you love getting a tip for a great, affordable product as much as the next girl. You love having one go-to product that someone you know personally uses, that they say delivers every time.

And if you're like me, you adore seasonal products. That means, if it's summer it smells of fresh scents, works with the heat and humidity, and isn't a hassle.

So for this entry, allow me to say a few words about the products I'm using now-a-days.

Ah, Envia's Conditioning Hair Masque. My mom got it for me, after Elyana was born. Having long hair, and never being able to resist coloring it every few months, gives me extremely dry/damaged hair. Add in the daily blow-drying in the winter, and the occasional straightning and curling, and you've got even more parched hair. Enter this masque. Most masques make my hair so limp, I won't use on a day I know I've got to go in public. I already have volume issues! That or they leave the scalp super oily by that evening/the next day. This one? My hair is so soft and smooth, and not oily, even the next day. Love it!


I discovered this in January and packed it in my hospital bag for Elyana's birth. The morning after she was born I used it and it felt like I was on an island getaway. Seriously! It brought back memories of my 1 year anniversary getaway with Jonathan to Grenada. It made me envision warmer weather and a suntan! Now that summer's here it is the perfect fragrance for a mini vacation in the shower. Heavenly!


My sister Mary, aka the Fashionista, introduced me to this. I used to love tanning booths, but with a baby they are a thing of the past. So I'm constantly on the lookout for a gradual tanning lotion that will not stink, rub off on clothes, or be sticky. This fits all the but last one, and it's only sticky if you wear jeans. Love this, I can use it even day and it's not horribly obvious I'm faking it. :)

This, I adored when I saw it in the Sephora summer catalog! My brother and sister-in-law had so, so kindly gifted me with a Sephora gift card for my birthday, and I only too happily went in to purchase this lovely bronzed, summer palette! I adore it! When I combine the liner with any three of the shawods, on my already (fake) tanned skin, it looks like I have been to the pool and am now ready for a fun evening out! Super beautiful combination, really my favorite one to date, and easy to stash in the purse in case I couldn't get my whole regimen done at home, to finish up in the rearview mirror (once parked, of course - you know you do it too!). My only wish? That this came with applicator brushes and/or had a spot for them!
There you have it.... Denise's summer survival kit! :)

4 comments:

lislynn said...

Hah! I KNEW there was a reason I like you :) I already love two of the four on your list! Fake tan is the best beauty secret I have. Especially for those who, like me, are blessed with a strong Germanic heritage (ie: white, white, white!). And the scent of that Caress gel is out of this world! The combo of the two make me feel like I'm on a tropical island :)

Haley said...

What girl doesn't love makeup and body care? They are just too much fun!I too adore the Caress shower gels, I haven't tried a bad one yet! And the Sephora bronzing palette is sooo adorable. I'd almost buy it just to look at it!

Emily said...

I have the exact same Caress body wash! I love the smell- and that it exfoliates. Love, love, love it. I may have to check out Sephora again soon- it's just a dangerous thing for me, considering my affinity for things like DiorShow mascara, which is one of my splurges :-)

Claudia said...

You are so fun! Hope you're having a great summer :-)

TickerShack.com Ticker