Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pictures!!!

Elyana turns 6 months old on Sunday! I'll do a "what she's doing now" then, but for now, here are some wonderful pictures of the past few weeks....

We are not starting her on solids until she's officially 6-months old, but we give her little "tastes" of things. I let her suck on frozen blueberries we picked, since Jonathan had been feeding them to her (skins off) and she adores them so.


Push-ups!


Snuggled down in Aunt Catherine's robe


Swinging.... they both look happy!


Elyana screeched for joy when we would swing with her in our laps.


Jonathan and I put her to bed, and went out to our first romantic night-out alone since she's been born. His parents kept watch over her, and we were glad to know she would be in good hands were she to wake. We had an amazingly fun evening and loved, loved, loved being together!


Here is my beautiful sister Karen, and little 2 1/2 week old Michael Stuart. He is so precious! And, like usual, Karen just seems to effortlessly and gracefully slide into role of "mother of three" while being a loving wife, sister, daughter, and friend. And she's exercising with weights already - talk about disciplined! I hope I can be this self-motivated and joyful.


Elyana adored this little push-car we found at Nana & Papa's (apparently, Seth & Karen bought it years ago for Katrina). We are getting one for here!


Can you tell the girls loved pushing their cousin all over the courtyard?! They did it for almost an hour! I love to see them playing already.
My wonderful father with his 3rd grandchild. Three granddaughters, and now a 4th, the first grandson. Just like how he had 3 girls before he had a son.


Look at them all playing... I hope and pray these cousins can grow up and be the best of friends.


Elyana again, in the kiddie-car. Lucy (the german shepherd) faithfully followed. Elyana went nuts over her, she loves all animals so far.


She swam in Nana and Papa's hot tub for Two Hours (only mildly heated to bath-like-water for her)! She is a little mermaid! She got splashed in the face a bunch of times, and never cried! See how her feet are like prunes?!


Another shot of Michael Stuart.

4 comments:

lislynn said...

Cousins! Such wonderful relationships growing so early...

Haley said...

Aw! I'm so glad you and Jonathan got to spend some romantic time together! And by the way, I was showing my mom some pictures of 4th of July and she was commenting on how beautiful Katrina and Shiona were and what a lovely pair of blue eyes Elyana has! All three of them are going to be heartbreakers (and I'm sure Michael Stuart will break of few hearts of his own as well!) Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

How cute she is!
Tell Karen, that I think her little man is one of the prettiest babies I've seen in a long time! He's so adorable and has great skin! :) Also tell her I said congrats, and she looks great! :)

Karen Dichsen said...

Wow I can really see both you and Jonathan in Elyana! She is just beautiful. Such love in all of your family :)

TickerShack.com Ticker