Saturday, February 03, 2007

Jonathan's ALMOST HOME!!!!!

As I write this, I am sitting in a Starbucks inside a Kroger in Atlanta.... waiting for Jonathan's flight to come in. I had to drop off Mary at 6:40am, and his plane isn't scheduled to come in until 5pm, but he's trying to fly standby for a 1:00pm flight. I'm killing time at a place nearby the airport. I don't know Atlanta at all and I don't want to get lost, especially in a bad section of town. There is a Borders, Target, and Bed, Bath & Beyond at this location, so I'll probably browse those over the next few hours.

I miss Mary. She was a HUGE blessing! She painted and worked and painted and worked for hours and hours and never was the 1st to stop. Most nights we stayed up until 11ish working, although we made time in the day for trips to Starbucks, the mall, and various other fun spots. Last night (Friday) we stayed up until 2:11am and our alarms went off at 4:00am. Agh! On the 1 hour 20 minute drive to the airport, Mary was doing a good job talking to me so I'd be alert, but she kept saying gibberish because she would get into a twilight-sleep phase! Anyway, when I download pictures I'll post them, but she and I got the kithcen painted a Velvety Merlot and the master bath painted a Morning Breeze. I love them both!!! But I can't tell you how many man-hours went into all that. Mary is also amazing at checking off boxes to ensure to movers bring everything.

This was the worst move I've done. Lots of broken/smashed/damage to our stuff. Nothing irreplacable, but it's odd it would happen this way. Just like the Stang made it fine to San Antonio, but got real damaged coming back to NC. Anyway, bunches of paperwork to file.

So for now, I sign off with a breathlessly expectant Denise who will get to see her husband after 17 days not seeing him at all!!!!!!! I can't wait to run into his arms!!!!

No comments:

TickerShack.com Ticker