Monday, May 14, 2007

My Strong Baby...

My sweet husband was working on this... (the shed he's been building himself!)



and he fell off. Actually, his ladder slipped. Suzanne is visiting us and we were out (at Starbucks no less). 15 minutes away. He called & immediately I heard it in his voice. I came home to a pretty pain-wracked husband and took him to the ER. Thank the Lord, it's a sprain and not a break, although the pain level could have fooled us! It was his right ankle, his left was broken with many torn ligaments back in October 2003 and took months to heal. I was praying this would not be the case. The Lord was gracious to us. We spent 3-4 hours in the ER and then I got to take J home to rest while I got his pain medication perscription. Suzanne & I picked it up with some pizza and we let him rest. He takes pain very well, although it's hard to hide it from me. I hated watching him writhe and try to control his breathing as the pain worsened and then lessened. Thank God it wasn't anything more serious and he actually could call me. I am so glad he's ok.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, how scary! What a relief that it was not worse. Though I think sprains are even more painful than broken bones. :/

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you both are doing well! I just read your 911 post too. .Wow! Maybe it's vacation time again :-)

meghann said...

wow! you both have had a very eventful month! im so glad everything turned out okay!

TickerShack.com Ticker